I shall go.
Go without anymore whining. True, when I first got the news, the first thought was "bluff". The second was "immunity? Guess I don't have it." ,Third :"BUT I DON'T want to go", followed by the brilliant idea of "appealing!" ...
Just as I was busy convincing myself that the appeal would be approved, Wei Jin starts telling how excited he is. "6 meals a day,free lodging, Rm 300, better chances of getting JPA scholarship" he says. Well,that made me feel abit better.Rm 300,for going for a free course of 3 months. The tamagotchi doesn't feel that expensive anymore, it's practically free! Just take it as a gift from the goverment.
So anyway, I went to bed earlier, feeling quite "blek", not because of NS but because of what people were saying, words that wasn't meant to mean harm but somehow got to me. Like gang immunity and the gang is free of NS and so on.
So being me I decided to let a friend (who let me know when he went to NS) know that I got picked too. And I ended up chatting on the phone about how horrible it's gonna be and all. And it turns out that I felt even better after speaking about it. What my friend said quite changed my perspective of NS. I mean, look, I've been chosen to take part, it's already part of my life,part of the journey.If I were to try to escape it,that would mean I'm running away from one of life's challenges, like running away from school or from growing up or something..
I woke up feeling better, and decided to tell mummy about my brilliant "bravery" and "courage" to take the challenge. And whoa you wouldn't believe it,she's all "yeah you should go", "people pay to go to OBS" just that she's worried about the trainers.You know, things that hit the newspapers.She also brought out the point that going to NS is just another way for me to learn to make friends. (since I keep worrying I'd be left out when I go to Canada) So apparently this is a practice for me to be independent and learn to live with other people of different cultures! Miniature Canada trip. XD
So,as a result of talking to these positive people, I've finally taken a positive approach,and say "I shall go". =D
No comments:
Post a Comment