Wednesday, May 19, 2010

kiasu, etcetera.

I have just spent around 2 hours trying to solve 2 questions from my prelab exercise.

Most of the two hours (save for the last 2 to 3 minutes when I finally went "AHA!!!! IT IS....") were spent staring at the sheet and flipping through the pages trying to find a clue. Oh, and eating soda crackers dipped in Milo.

The exercise is worth less than 2 marks out of the 10marks of the lab, which in turn is 1 out of 9 labs that account for a total of 5% of my grade. Obviously, a miniscule percentage.
And this entire grade isn't even worth anything, because they don't count Summer Courses in my GPA. In other words, really, all I have to do is pass.


It is 1.22 a.m.
Even I cannot believe myself.

My AHA-moment better be right, or I've just wasted precious time + sleep, for NOTHING.

:( Grr.



**
[back from lab]

You know what?
I got my aha-moment right.
BUT.
I made a careless mistake elsewhere. Careless as in...
I probably hit the wrong buttons on the calculator.

And you know what else?
I got zero for the 2 questions.
All because somehow that ONE number was wrong.
I've been pushing the buttons on my calculator over and over again,
and I still don't know how I came up with what I did.

BAH. So annoying.

No comments: