Wow. I didn't know we shared so much in common!
Our school system is very much like the Russian and Romanian system! Romanians have "morning session" and "afternoon session"; Russian school system ends at Grade 11, just like us! And both their school time are similar to ours!
Almost everyone in the class (Sri Lanka, Russian, Romanian, Middle East, China, Japan.....) sit in class and wait for the teachers to walk in! My teacher was all "ugh,I can't do that!I have to walk around", but a girl pointed out that with everyone in the same class, people grow closer to each other and become family. Which, by the way, is so true. (:
Anyway, I think Sri Lankan schools and Chinese schools are so similar! From 8am to 4.30pm and then extra classes (if needed) until 7.30pm! WOWS. And we thought we had it bad! x)
The awesome-est thing? Asian malls are The. Best. I still can't get over how small and useless malls here are -- just clothes, accessories, food court. My teacher was amazed at how our malls had theme parks, ice skating rinks, bowling arena, restaurants everywhere -- not just food courts, and arcades! Wait until she finds out that shopping malls in Malaysia (and assuming, Asia) don't close so early, especially on weekends!
My new discovery:
Canadian schools don't have exams until grade 9! That is like NO EXAMS UNTIL FORM 3!
...finding similarities and saying "we had that too!"
...that was fun. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment