Sunday, June 01, 2008

pause

I wake up in the morning, I go through the same routine as I would at home. Perhaps I'm a little more disciplined, a little more independant, a little better at multi tasking, but it boils down to the same thing -- going to school early in the morning, and trying to not be late.

And then, I spend my time thinking about lunch -- just like how I'd think about what I'd have for recess.

Classes resume and it's finally time to go home. Instead of going straight home I drop by the library, finish my homework there (they lend the text books so I bring no books home :P). Again, similarities, similarities, similarities. Even in CHS,I'd always go to the library to study before going home.

On my way home, I'd stop. And I'd have to remind myself again. I'm on the other side of the world. I barely notice it, from my day to day activities. It feels so alike.

I'd pause.

I'd try to look at everything, absorb and try to spot the differences.

I'd notice the strong winds. I'd notice the then bare trees that have grown into budding trees and are now lush green. I'd try to take it the scent, if there is a difference. I'd try to look around me, remind myself I'm away.

And maybe that's my whole problem.Not letting go.

*---------------

In two weeks, my parents will be here. In two weeks, my exams would have started and ended. In two week, I'd have gotten my report card. In two weeks, holidays would have started. In two weeks, I'd have spent a semester here.In two weeks, I'd have quit my job. In two weeks, I'd be going on a family trip. A rare chance. (:

*---------------

No comments: