I decided to not wait for UWO's offer/rejection and accepted uOttawa's offer. The very next day, I dreamt that it was a bad choice -- although my list (see below) shows that it is not.
To make my argument (to myself,of course) more assuring, I did make a list "uOttawa vs. UWO" and it is the best choice (based on my criterias, not any survey's ).
There are many reasons for me to go to uOttawa (ranging from suppppppppeeeeeer alot of scholarship money [compared to the other unis] -- they even wrote to tell me that they'd match any amount another university offers me, to cheaper residence and meal plan fees, to bilingual setting --courses are available in french, but you may choose to write tests in english or wtv...etc.)
The only thing that is holding me back is it's reputation -- it doesn't seem to be one of those universities that everyone wants to go to: it's off conversations, it's not in the top few of surveys, it's not anything.
It can't be bad:
It's not even in the prairies or in some totally rural area - it's in the capital city!
It has a medical school! Not all universities can have that!
Maybe they're publicity/marketing department just totally suck!
Or, people just don't want to go there because it's bilingual and half the people would be speaking french -- and many many people don't like french, or studying it anyway (like how we view studying chinese LOL).
Maybe people just feel that it's too far, compared to other cities!
Whatever the reason other people are not that interested in going, I guess I have to face the facts: it is the best choice - in terms of monetory savings and environment. My last choice of university (not including the backup university), just became my first. xD
I guess just have to stick by my choice, give it the stamp of "no regrets", and look forward to moving to Canada's capital city. (:
*offtopic* Today, I received an offer for Nursing at McMaster. Not going.Nope. No conflicting thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment