I did my first shift of Western Foot Patrol today. ( :
2 hours+ of just pure walking, it was fun. (: I got to press and speak into the Emergency Phones too. I've always wanted to know what happens when you press one of those emergency things / call 911. Well now I know.
I press it, the lights at the top start blinking, it dials 911 (you can hear it go du-du-du), there's a dial tone.....and then someone picks up and answers reaaaaaaaaaaally calmly: "Campus Police, how can I help you? "
COOL EH?! At this point, I go "Western Foot Patrol, just checking the lights."
I always thought that after you press that button, you trigger everything to start -- fire trucks and EMS and police and all would start driving towards that Emergency Phone. I guess it isn't THAT cool.
*---*
Halloween last night was crazy for Saugeen. Me? I just stayed in my room. There is not one square foot of floor here in Saugeen that I can step on without getting goo/much/pizza sauce/beer/puke/gross stuff on my shoe.
From my window I saw at leats 5 fire trucks come by. I also saw 2 EMS. And those are just the ones that I saw. Crazy place.
Oh just when I was gonna go to bed Annie came and we just chatted for an hour. That's where my one extra hour (thanks to the end of Day Light Savings -- 13 hour difference between Malaysia and Canada now) went. Quite well spent I must say. HAHA. Just to make myself feel better.
*---*
This weekend, Business 1220 exam. :O
No comments:
Post a Comment