I woke up late, but everyone else was late too. An hour later we were at the Toronto Zoo. :)
Super hot. We feel it. The animals feel it. They lie lazily in the shade. We take a break, sitting under the shade. People watch us as they pass us by. Are we animals?
The carnivorous animals have it hard. I imagine myself to be in a room full of burgers, creme brulee, pasta sauce, and fried rice. Even if my tummy is filled, I'd still have that horrible urge of eating. Poor tiger/lion :*(, having to exercise so much control. Is my control and discipline even worse than that of an animal's?
Before long, all of us are tired out, except Minji. Decided to head back. Pit stop, Fairview Mall. Refreshed ourselves with ice cold bubble tea. Ah. Both of us bought the same shirt (diff colour) from Zara. I loved one of the coats on the rack. A hundred bucks. Gosh it was beautiful albeit impractical, especially with our cold winters. :( I have absolutely no excuse to buy it. Boo. Next stop, the drugmart. Invested in scar-fading ointment. I'm to try it, and if it works, let Wendy know. I hope it does! :(
Met a few of my high school mates. Haven't seen them since last April. It was awesome. They make me feel like I belong here. :) Like me, Daphane is changing programmes, commerce to life sciences. Unlike me, she's starting from scratch, so it's first year all over again for her. Somehow, I feel relieved. People change programmes all the time, and sometimes there are trade-offs that are far greater than mine - at least I'm still going into second year.
Today's an awesome day. :) Sometimes I wonder if I should've stayed here for university instead of moving out of town. Maybe I just think that, because compared to London, I've already settled down in Toronto. 3 years ago, I remember complaining about not being "at home"; today, I realise that Toronto is just as "homely" as K.L.
Hee. Last discovery. ;) My hands are steadier now. After 3 years of practice I'm finally able to use eye liner fast and well close to my eye lids. So practice really does make perfect, eh? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment