Rodents that steal food from humans are the usual thing in cartoons. Take Tom and Jerry for example, or Chip 'n' Dale who steal from Donald Duck, or even Alvin and the Chipmunks!!
I bought some fancy bread from Bread Story yesterday,ate some and brought 2 home. Well it totally slipped my mind until just 5 minutes ago when it started drizzling and I ran out to keep the clothes.
And that's when it caught my eye.
The BreadStory big bag, the BreadStory small bag ( where the food used to be in, but is now vacant and gnawed until there are multiple jagged holes) and the little paper where the bread used to be in , were lying scattered under the plants, in a very shaded area.
Hmm, the first thought wasn't the dog,because we didn't let her out today. I was thinking "..is the bread that bad that my dad threw it out to feed the squirrels and birds?"
But before jumping to conclusions, I decided to do some inquiring.
So I asked mum. And she was as puzzled as me! Apparently,she left that last piece for me, put it into the big BreadStory bag,folded it and left it on the dining table!
Well I didn't eat it. She didn't eat it. Dad didn't eat it.
So I asked mummy again, "you didn't let Meia out did you?"
Seeing that the answer was negative, I tell you, it's the squirrels.
They decided to sneak onto the dining table, drag the big bag down to a safe spot, drag the little bag out, gnaw their way through it, eat the yummy topping off the bread and leave the remaining tasteless white bread there, leading me into thinking that daddy thought the bread was yucky.
The brave little thieves. To think that I pitied them when Meia chased after them. To think I thought it wasn't too bad that they ate our bananas (same thing, just that they sit on the table and eat abit, and leave the poor half eaten banana there).... they STOLE my bread! And that was the piece I wanted to eat, I was just leaving it for today! (<_<)Save the best for last!
On the bright side, maybe we took their living space and they have nothing to eat except dog food (Which my dog doesn't seem to mind them stealing) and plant seeds.
So anyone planning on moving here, do watch out for the evil cute looking thieves.
No comments:
Post a Comment