I'm thinking about the things that I've gained, and how they just may outweigh the things that I have lost / think that I've missed out on.
I may be studying less challenging syllabi, I may be taking easier tests, shorter exams. I may have no homework. I may have no personal statements to mull over, no extra curricular activities(ie. student council) to participate in. I may have had an easier way with things, done things a different way from everyone else, and I may have not been happy about it.
Now, a little over a year later, I think things worked out great. If I didn't have that much time in my hands, I wouldn't have..
.worked at Toby's (and get cheated. <_<).
.worked at Empire Theatres. (and see first hand why we shouldn't eat popcorn)
.went to Centre Island (for the summer job orientation).
.got a volunteer position at North York General Hospital.
.picked up knitting -- finished a scarf and a pouch,working on a toque now.
.been able to have time to go for skating lessons.
.been able to bake (and eat and grow fat, but that's out of topic.)
.been able to read as much if it weren't for the awesomely huge and very good library system.
.been able to watch Will and Grace everyday at 7pm, and all the Friday and Saturday night movies on W Network.
I'm happy that I have an easier time, because with that extra time, I have experienced so much more.
...on another note, everyone should read Inkheart!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment