I was supposed to leave the house to walk to the swimming pool (around 20 minutes walk) at 7.30am so that I'd ideally be able to leisurely swim from 8am - 8.45am. But knowing me, I only left the house at 8.15am (note-to-self: never EVER go online if you want to be on time.) and the pool session closes at 8.45am (which if you've been following the clock, would leave me 10 minutes of swim time if I walked there?) -- so I had to be lazy and take the subway, run to the pool, hop in and maniacly swam the first few laps in FastForward.
"First few laps" is abit of an exaggeration but let's just let that slide. So while I was in the communal bath, I started thinking this:
Y'know when you were little and your mommy would tell you that you have to wear clothes otherwise it's "shame-shame" *insert action of rubbing fore finger downwards on cheek repeatedly* ? Yeah. I was thinking about how nice if we could do without it? Then when the time came where we had to strip in front of complete strangers we wouldn't feel as shy. == .
So ANYWAY. I was done with everything by 9.05am, and the library (next to the pool) opens at 9 am, so I went in to get a book. Browsing the first floor wasn't enough so I decided to head to the second floor, where I suddenly remembered that I should book an appointment for the upright piano (everyone's fighting for the 'music room', hence the requirement to book). Turns out the 9.30-10.00am space was empty because someone cancelled. In I go, banging scales (I haven't done contrary motion in 3 years! rusty! ) and then 'haru haru' and 'qi li xiang' on. The person for the next slot didn't show up so I played till 10.30am. (: Lucky! But I still miss the Yamaha at home. :(
Browsed somemore and then decided to walk home (HAH. at least I kept to half the promise of being healthy and walking) XD
Went home, skyped with Jo Yee, went to the bank -- apply for Visa card! *swipeswipeswipeswipe*, back home for lunch and then Bela called to meet up. (:
Met up with Zarish and Bela at the park near the library (yeah I frequent this route alot today. == ). On the way home, stopped at the korean place to take out some Spicy Bulgogi Kimbab *hearts*!
I felt like I was living well
Well, as opposed to the past few days where I woke up late - ate brunch while MSN-ing / you-tubing, - go out to meet friends - come home and you-tube somemore; today I was doing something - doing something else - meet friends - youtube.
the point is that I'm doing something other than computer - friends -computer. I was actually doing something else -- swimming,piano,book, bank, skyped.
So anyway, life's been awesome since I got back. I hope I don't get fat, meeting friends everyday and eating loads? -- secret to putting on weight!
(: I miss Malaysia, but Canada isn't bad either.
No comments:
Post a Comment