Friday, November 24, 2006

2nd day of work

Today,i was supposed to work from 1 till 7 ,but i got off early,at 4. The manager says it isn't because I'm bad,but because there's other helpers already ,but I can't help feeling sad.Maybe frustrated.A little depressed.I don't know,the feeling I have is the kind which makes me take the long route on the subway,walk slowly,don't put on my gloves or scarve and ya noe,just let loose,freeze.And that's what I did.

It's as if I think I can convince myself that being cold and taking a loooong time will help,when I clearly know it doesn't do anything at all. Maybe I just like quiet time without anyone at all.

Normally I get this feeling when I'm sad in school or smtg,but today is different. Oh,gosh. Was gonna sit on the swing near our place but I decided to head home instead.Bleeeeeeeeek. Lemme rant.

I work at Dairy Queen and Julius Orange.Basically things dealing with juice and ice cream.

I can do the smoothies perfectly well, even the Julius.What I've learnt and still suck at is Money(working the machine,making Blizzards and milkshakes (blizzards are like McFlurry),and just sundaes and cones. I still don't know squeezing juice. Anyway,the shapes keep getting funny and all.So yesterday (without manager) I was allowed to practice and if it was wrong,I just threw it away (that's what they said,cuz at the end of the day they still havta throw all of the ice cream away!),so today,when I was making one for the customer,it came out reaaallly ugly so I just threw the whole thing away,and the Manager ,Irena,-sort of ,angrily - told me that i can't just throw anything away and I shouldn't waste! So,she was okay after that, but i still feel kinda bad for making mistakes. And then the machine (imagine what you see in McD),She says I use tooo many fingers to press,that it looks dirty,and it looks like I'm playing the piano. And when I take money,I gotta make sure I count in my head and use only two fingers and my palm.

Oh,today,these two guyz were saying that I'm a rookie,and because I still can't really count the coins (their 5 cents are larger than the 10 cents),so I was like staaaaaaaring at the coints and trying to figure it out by turning it on both sides looking for the markings to make sure,they started asking me if I was checking for fraud. =( oh well.

Anyway,I'm reaally panicky I dunno why,and she hates that I guess.And at 4 instead of 7 I was sent home.

-the end-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha.why are u depressed over something not too worth to be frus abt?If you are sent home early.Take it as a bonus!You get to go home early and rest.Instead of working your ass off rite?haha.

Ppl make mistakes.so no worries la.summore you are new.so you have the right and the left to make all mistakes u want!(but not too often untill u get firedd la.XD) haha.anyway!Happy Happy working!=D

Furbie said...

heyyyyy!

issit? i try to tell myself that but still no use.even till at nite i was still thinking bout it..^^

yeah i guess i should take it as a bonus thennnn... that im off early on fri,no work on sat and sun. probably she doesnt want me during busy times. (>_<) YET i hope.

heh.spm over d ar? so happy one???

btw,wat ya gonna do afterrrr SPM?

Anonymous said...

haha.you cant blame ppl for not wanting you during busy times also wan ma,you still new.and you get to rest wor!so happy lahkay.haha.

haha.not yet la.still got 5 subjects! all science sub and add maths!wish me LOTS LOTS LOTS LOTS of luck!=D

after spm?i also dunno ler.prob slack untill i can slack no more?haha.when u all hafta go bak sch and go for perhimpunan listen to pn.tan lin or yoke keng's speech.i will be sleeping at home..snoring away..haha.(ok.i promise this will be the last time i lanci u.XD so for the last time of lan ci-ing.please say ur jealous of me.XD)haha.