Sunday, April 20, 2008

the juggle

moving on to matters far more important than weight issues and cosmetics.............

I went for two job related events today.

This morning, I went for the document signing thing for my summer job. I probably haven't really elaborated but this summer, I'm working at an amusement park as a games attendant. (: It's on Toronto Islands, so I'll commute there by ferry! It's such a different experience and I'm so glad and lucky to get this job! You can imagine my excitement! anyway,next saturday I'm going for this job's orientation,yay can't wait to board on a ferry!!!!! Okay am I jakun or what?

In the evening,I went for my other job orientation. This is at the theater near my place. (the next subway stop). Wow, we just sat in this room,and food kept coming in! First we had drinks, and then pop corn...and then cookies......and boy, I probably overate by 3 to 4 times but let's forget about that for now (since this is a -more-important-things-only- post.)

So anyway, I'll be working at Concessions (F & B) here, and I'm actually quite looking forward to this! (: The problem is, because I also agreed to the summer job(before this job accepted me),so I'd probably have to leave this wonderful theater job in the summer! Awwww. But anyway,at least I get to earn some cash before I leave. Reason for leaving? Well, I can only get "vacation leave" maximum 2 weeks. If not, they'll probably have to ask me to leave. Can't help it, i'll just have to make full use of my 2 months plus (hopefully 3 months) with them,and then move on to my summer job and spend a month and a half with them, and then we'll see what happens then.

So now that I've kept my hands full, there'll be less time for me to worry about cosmetics,looks and fat, because I've got my hands full juggling everything. (:

Something else to think about, the TTC <-- the company that runs the subways,buses and the like...... are going on strike this monday. And the school has taken the liberty of calling to say that i cannot skip school despite the lack of transport.

Should I try my best to reach school just to find that...
(a) i did the right thing because there's bio lab and it's still going on so yayme i won't get zero
(b) dumb choice because no one went to school and so the lab was postponed and i wasted my time and energy...... (i) walking to school (at least an hour)
(ii) cycling to school (probably half the time of walking?)
(iii) trying to hitch a ride.

And the whole strike issue better be resolved by tuesday because my first shift is on tuesday and it ends at 11.30pm. yayme walk home and reach home at midnight?

Anyway, I'm quite excited about having my hands full after being so uselessly free for so long. (:

No comments: