Sunday, October 26, 2008

past,present and future.

Here's a simple question or two :



Do u always look at the past, present or future?
Which spot on this timeline gives you comfort?

For me, I never really realised this, but as Shih Chern said today, :"you always look at the past...." or something along those lines.

When I look at the past, it makes me laugh. It makes me beam, it makes me grin from ear to ear, it makes me chuckle. I was reading my old blog posts yesterday and the earlier few that had comments with it. And I remember things that had been put away, and can't help but smile.

I realised that the past gives me comfort. I'd look at it and reminisce and I'd be filled with fun,love and laughter.

I'd remember snippets of girlish giggling in form 1, laughing and pranking in Pn.Poh's classes in form 2, snacking and kendo-fighting-with-plastic-bottles in Form 3, swooning-toileting-laughing-screaming-singing in form 4,and everything wrapped up in form 5.

No matter how many bad things I went through, how many ill memories I still keep with me, I think the good things that happened seem to outweigh the bad.

.always.


Or maybe I just like living with the good things. Maybe I choose to remember only the good things.

.But that's another topic.



I know some people look forward to the future. (: What the future holds is what keeps them going. A perfect example would be Chelle.

I know some people live in the present. People who don't think about the future, nor about the past. People who,the only future they think about is what they're going to do the next minute or hour ; and the only past they think about is yesterday.


But me? I want to live in the present ; I want to strive for my future ; but I always, always end up dwelling in the past.

No comments: