It was a super-productive-day.
Natalie, my sister's friend,wanted to borrow a mixer. You know, to mix batter. So Natalie came over to borrow it. But she ended up staying to use our kitchen.
She was going to make Tiramisu for her company's thanksgiving celebration. I've never made it before, she's never made it before, but we just got working,chatting about universities,residence,science faculties and all that jazz.
Cake #1 ....
Something was utterly wrong. It was so fluidy... it wasn't thick and pasty. And so we decided to start again. Natalie went to buy more Mascarpone cheese, whipping cream and sugar,while I figure out how to use the expensive "waste".
I decided to use it to make bread pudding. (:
I know it doesn't look good but that's just 'cause i have zero camera skills. (:<
A normal bread pudding would just require 2 eggs and some milk.
*//Ours has 500 ml whipping cream (50calories for 15ml -- if you don't understand how much that is, it's ALOT. freaking lot. there is only around 80 calories in 250ml skim milk)
*//Ours had 7 eggs. Ours had 275g of Mascarpone cheese that is totally uncalled for.
*//Ours had a cup of sugar. Uncalled for.
So anyway. Natalie came back and ........
Cake #2 ...
Having failed the first time,Natalie decided to follow instructions word-for-word. (before,she just mixed and matched all the ingredients. ^^" )
After ALOT of stirring and folding, the cream was thick, pasty, and wonderful. The cream.Wow.
It smelt so good. It looked so good.
Again, it's not the cake. It's my camera skills. :(
p/s : you can see Shuff at the back! (:<
So after everything was done, it was already 12.00am. And being the lazy, I-hate-maths that I am, I went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment