And that's when I decided to call my mum.
And that's when I got to know she was still sittng at home.
And that's when I got to know she was sitting at home listening out on the radio and the news on TV -- wheter SPM results are out today.
And that's when I told her, "why don't you call the school?!"
And that's when I actually felt that sandwiching school notices (with the school header on it),not letting them see daylight again, leaving them unread and unused, has some use. So I gave her the number,
And that's when she found out the results are indeed out.
And that's when Bryan messaged me and I was shocked. Shocked. Shocked. Shocked.
ME? 11? you've gotta be kidding me. (and this is still the time where I didn't realise I signed up for 12 subjects,and not 11.)
*cue to shout : "BLURRRRR!"*
So being me,I still didn't realise anything.......
And then my mum called,
And then this happened and that happened,
And then I got my results,and also realised that I took 12 subjects.... :
A1 :
English
English GCE 'o'
Moral
Maths
Add.Maths
Chemistry
A2 :
Malays
History
Biology
Physics
EST
B4 :
Chinese
The funny thing is, I'm not even elated,relieved maybe,that I've finally got my results back.I should be.Really,I should be on the top of the world screaming "I'm so lucky!!".Because, just because, I didn't expect so many As. I expected much less. Heck I didn't even know what I expected, but this many never came across my mind.
I knew I wanted straight As! Who doesn't?
I knew I couldn't have it, but ..
I didn't know what to expect.
Sad to inform you,the more I thought about it, the more the "little happiness" I had from before (when I thought I got straight As.. *snickers*)just started to fade. I became quite moody, not because I didn't get straight As,but because I finally came to a realisation, of lenient the examiner was.
Honestly speaking, I didn't know how to do the second section (essay) of the history paper at all. I left the paper practically blank, or to be more optimistic,a quarter filled.
I remember I didn't know how to do most of the questions, and could only squeeze a few points out of each question.
I remember leaving lotsa space after each question, hoping that before the exam ended, I could think of a few more things to write in.
I remember leaving the hall feeling so upset, because I studied history the most.
I remember thinking :" if this is a school exam, I'd fail. but since it's SPM, chances are I'll get at least a C"
And now, I've landed an A2 for myself.
Well, I've gotten the As, wheter I deserve it or not, I'm not returning it. So I might as well be happy about it,right?
(= And yes, I really should be screaming "I'm so lucky!!!", because I really am. (:
*Congratulations to everyone who are happy with their results, and...
*for those who aren't happy, well, life's like that, take it or leave it, eh?
*for those who are "turning over a new leaf" and are adamant on working hard, good luck to you, I'm doing that too!
No comments:
Post a Comment