Sunday, September 07, 2008

well, that never happened to me.

I was in the bath and this chain of thoughts attacked me. Yes, it was that sudden. And that's why I'm sitting here -- hair uncombed and all, hitting the keyboard with my otherwise gentle fingers. :p

So this is the thought :

Whatever happened to my Sweet 16th? I know I was looking forward to it...ever since I knew it existed.. so WHAT happened to it?

What about my .....



I am sixteen going on seventeen
I know that I'm naive
Fellows I meet may tell me I'm sweet
And willingly I believe

I am sixteen going on seventeen
Innocent as a rose
Bachelor dandies, drinkers of brandies
What do I know of those

Totally unprepared am I
To face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared am I
Of things beyond my ken

I need someone older and wiser
Telling me what to do
You are seventeen going on eighteen
I'll depend on you


Speaking of 17 going on 18,well ,that's quite recent history.

When I think of people who are 18, I imagine someone.....



who can drive.
who goes to college / form 6 / university.
who is openly "single and AVAILABLE".
I say openly because most people's parents allow them to date when they're 18.

I still remember when I was 13 or 14 and was on this trip with lotsa older people. This girl was telling me and my friend (14 or 15 years) and telling us all about her boyfriend. And when we asked her "your parents allow merrr?!?!" ,she smugly told us "well, I'm already 18years old!!!"

And this other girl, who was telling me she's gonna go public (yeah, like business right , haha) about her relationship when she's outta school -- because by then, she's 18years old and can do whatever she wants.

So I guess that made me think 18 is The age. I mean, 18 is when we're finally outta secondary school. I guess "finally" isn't really The word because I liked secondary school... but yeah,you get the picture.

Yeah,yeah a whole buncha examples but what I really wanted to say was.....

well,that never happened to me. To think that I'm 18 going on 19... and 19 is not far away at all. When I'm 19, I'd be a little more than 1 year over here. I'd expect myself to have grown from baby to at least toddler.

Speaking of expecting, I better not expect anything, because based on past experiences, it's not going to happen to me. x)

18 felt so far away, I mean, 18 was THERE and I was always "going to" reach it. And now that I've reached it, or even passed it, I don't feel the "difference" or "change" in me.I don't even FEEL 18. or close to 19 or anything --it's just the SAME. It's either growing up is overrated, or all the great things just skipped by me because I don't act 18. or 19. or whatever.

haha,so yes, this whole post is just to scream out loud... that all these never happened to me. I guess it's because I'm special. DON'T try to burst my little bubble, and say I'm consoling myself. People don't always want to hear the truth.

And here my sister is telling me "it's not like you passed your birthday yesterday". I guess it's better to talk to my lifeless blog. XD

No comments: