Friday, December 19, 2008

snow.



We've all seen it on TV, little kid trudging through thick snow.
Beautiful scenery. Everything coated in white. We probably imagined it to be ..






so peaceful,




so light,




so innocently white.
(omg im rhyming!)








Perhaps it is.










Apartment grounds opposite my school.






Certainly is white and smooth.











On my way to the mall near school.






Certainly is beautiful and nice.











Stepping out of the apartment complex.





Look-at the snow sitting on the hedges/bushes/whatever!


It probably never crossed your mind that snow could be so disgustingly slushy.













where everyone has stepped on,melted the snow,



and the weather allowed it to freeze and glaze over.











Where cars have ran the snow over.






Believe me, it's yuckier than that.





I just suck at capturing pictures.









Yucky slushy mess at busy intersections.

And,for days like today, when there's a HUGE snow storm.


Imagine Aladdin in that desert the Magic Carpet always flies over.




Yep. just that,instead of sand, it's snow.






The amount of snow that accumulates just piles up everywhere, you can't tell where the pavement is anymore.



And with the wind blowing, after walking awhile, you realise that you're no longer walking in a straight line. :o





What more, you sink into the white fluffiness as seen above. The snow was above my ankles and half way up my shin.

AND,this is just SOUTH of Canada,and in Toronto too! Other places are worst. Colder and windier. Brrr.





Anyways, the other day, I was running to try to catch the bus.










The red line is how i get to school.




The black dots are the buses. I have to cross the road to get from bus1 to bus2.




Oh boy,the adventures the fellow travellers and I have trying to catch the bus. :o





With all these cars are just driving over the snow, they create all these big huge speed bumps of snow.

Just like those tracks in the sand, but it's snow and much higher. @@







You know those computer games where you jump over rolling boulders?




I felt like that. I felt like we were ALL doing that.




Running as fast as we can (to catch the bus on the opposite side)on that soft fluffy frictionless pads of snow.




Jumping over the piles of snow.




Just like when you play games and have to press X or SpaceBar at that exact RIGHT time or you trip,fall and die--game over.




Hehe. Fun stuff,eh? Until I trip,fall and be humiliated. (:



Hope that never happens!

Anyway, I skipped the last two periods,braved the snow storm today and walked to the mall.



And..... I got myself a camera! (:< I wanted the brown one. Or the blue one. But they only had the plum one. ANYWAYS.



Meet Pixie! (:<




My sister's test shot.

That's my pile of hoodies. Naturally, I wear my stuff, take them off and leave them everywhere. Then, when I need to use something and their all sitting on top of them, I lift the whole pile and put it elsewhere. In this case,the table is my primary choice.


And my sister just happened to sit there. :D


BTW, I bought that green hoodie for $33 yesterday!! AND I LOVE IT. :D


I'll be off to New York tommorow morning! (: I will have fun!

No comments: