...i can't decide.
So I was at the Indo Club's party at a house off campus. It was 8.15pm. I had a floor party at 9.03pm. Factoring the time I'd take walking back, I decided to leave.
It was dark and unsafe. Someone offered me a ride (yayme). Turning round the corner of my residence, we saw a hugeeeee gathering at the basketball court. FIRE ALARM. again. 4th time this week (mon,wed,thurs,sat.).
I got off, said my thanks and byes, called Annie to ask where she was in the massive crowd of people, but before I know it, a stampede charges towards me (because they just announced that they could get back in?), I'm not even exaggerating. Pushed by the crowd, I had to turn on my heels and run along with the crazy herd of animals whilst slowly navigating towards a tree (where it is relatively safer =_=), because no one really runs in the direction of a tree =_=.
The next thing I know, lightning strikes and it starts to pour.Serious. I'm not even using any literary devices. The residence staff wouldn't let us in (as per usual because it is Homecoming tonight and they wanted non-residence people to sign in --- so they had to check our identities, yes, all 1250 of us.), and did I mention it was pouring?
So, am I lucky or unlucky?
Lucky:
.I was at a party so I basically skipped 3/4 of the fire alarm ordeal.
.Someone sent me home, so I didn't get caught in the rain (well as opposed to walking back).
.I had an umbrella in my bag.
Unlucky:
.If I walked back, I would have missed the wholeeee fire alarm ordeal (but still get caught in the rain).
.Since someone was sending me anyway, should've just stayed at the party, left later (and skip the whole fire alarm ordeal).
Hmm now that I've written everything down I guess I'm pretty lucky, eh? :D
*---*
Met so many people today! (: Happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment