Friday, October 09, 2009

unanswered.

So i've been going to school for a little more than a month now, and there are a couple of things that never fails to amaze/ amuse/ annoy me.

(1) People who multi-task (so well?).
Amazes. Annoys. They'd come to class, open their laptops, get on MSN, Facebook, yada yada... STOP. Get out their BlackBerrys or iPhones or whatever other smartphone there is out there and start typing on that. And this goes on during the lecture. Distractions, distractions.

(2) People who SURF, SURF, SURF.
Annoys. Example: Girl in my Psych class kept shifting from one window to another, and it was every second, literally! She'd flip from FB to iTunes to WebCT to email to...... you get the picture. It's just plain annoying and REALLY hard to concentrate on the lecture.

(3) People who attend Workshops (how to study effectively etc.) but are doing (1), (2) or (5) games, or ALL THREE AT ONCE [which brings us back to (1) Multitasking] . Annoys.

(4) People who do at least one of (1),(2),(3),(5), AND never fail to put up their hands and ask or answer questions.
Amazes. Amuses.Wow. Is it a show of fake attentiveness? Are they juts good at bullshitting (just that it sometimes does make sense?), or maybe they ARE paying attention, they're just wonderful multi taskers.

(6) People who don't have classes on Friday.
Annoys.Hello, I get it, you're off on Friday, your partying starts on Thursday. I'd behave the same way too if I ....

*didn't have classes on Friday.
*like partying with random people.
*like trashing other floors
*like making the elevators disgusting

...but I don't. So they annoy me, because I'm soooo dead tired and I'm just drifting off to sleep and then I'm interrupted by your mad laughter and screams -- which isn't all that bad, really just because it's "noise" and I can just shut that out.

Whereas in the following incident, I can't simply shut-it-out.

This happened yesterday:
Two people decided to come to my floor, park THEMSELVES right outside my door, make themselves cozy and proceed to tell their life story to each other, in really loud voices.

Q: WHY this floor?
Q: WHY am i eavesdropping on your pathetic life story?
Q: WHY my door.
Q: WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY can't you just go to the stairwell or something.
Q: WHY can't one of you say "WHATEVER~~" in that really annoying tone and shuttup already.

I actually started texting Lorraine (who lives adjacent to my room) about them. :O

HAHA. I guess I'm more easily annoyed than amused/amazed.

*---*

Anyway, ThanksGiving Weekend, I'm going to Toronto. :D If I haven't complained to you yet, my sister (whom I'm supposed to live with) is going to NY (without me <.< ) and I'd be going home to be home alone. And if you don't already know this, I'm pretty awesome at freaking myself out.
Goodluck to me.

No comments: