Don't ever go to Plus One (or was it One Plus?) Shabu - Shabu in One Utama...or anywhere else..
it's a hoax I tell ya!! I was happily skipping over there,thinking Shabu-shabu all the way..The truth is we weren't actually going there,until I saw the signage that claimed the existence of this SHABU SHABU place.And being all o_0 "JAPANESE STUFF!!!" me, I was very eager to go try it out. And so we went.
oh,on the way,there was this SMILING SMILING skinny tall fella flashing his braces-y teeth at me. Guess who? None other than Monkey...Wei Jian. I was so suprised I shrieked "WEI JIANNNN!!" and my dad was like "who's he!?".......
Anyway,back to the horrible cheaters. We went in,and the waiter spoke mandarin to us... there was no IRASHIAIMASEEEEE.......but I didn't have a clue that this was no japanese place...until I saw the darn menu that said "taiwanese"...... And yeah,I was all DAMN!!!!
They shouldn't have named their dumb place shabu-shabu if they're gonna serve some taiwanese steamboat!! They should call it HUO GUO or smtg chinese-y!! CHEATSSS!!
That's not all,if they had good service it'll be alright but they were the darn-est managers of restaurants!!! After ordering, we waited more than half an hour for our raw stuff to come. HOW LONG does it take to take raw stuff out of the refrigerator and serve it up?
And apparently we're not the only one. The table next to us, were waiting too. We got some of our food after complaining, and by the time we were finished,the table next to us still hadn't got any food. And it was so pathetic for them,because they were a couple on a date ( assuming) ,and they had no conversation at all!!! (i know i shouldn't be eaves dropping but it was so boring!!there,I'm justified!)
In the end, they just stood up and told the waiter they're leaving.
The fella(guy) must be so tensed up about not having anything to talk about. I mean,if the FOOD isn't there, there isn't really anything to speak about. Think about it, if there was food, you could've made small talk like "isn't this nice?" ...or "this is so yummy.." or "how's your soup?" ... .but NOOOOO,there was no food,so of course they had nothing much to talk about. (well that's just my little assumption to pass time while waiting for MY food)
Well they DID have free appetizers and drinks and a variety of sauces...... but it wasn't worth the wait. (the table next to us ate their appetizers and drinks and left XD)
The service was not only slow,they were quite dumb as well. I mean, I would give 10 outta 10 for their manners, they are very well mannered and very apologetic, but they probably lack training. Because we used individual conducting heaters, we all had out own set of controls. The waiter who served my soup turned mine on for me, but my dad's and mum's waiter didn't do it for them.
So my dad was telling the waiter "I'm very stupid wan worr....you don't on for me how am I going to eat??" blah blah. (my dad's always like this...play dumb...) So the waiter still didn't get the message and was like "oh,okay,first you like this and then you like that...." and my dad was saying "ahh..ahhh.." but I could see he wasn't listening,after all,all he wanted was the fella to turn the darn thing on.
The waiters also can't differentiate what they're serving yet.He served the sirloin steak dish,and was asking my dad "did you order beef? is this beef?" and my dad was saying "how should I know if it's beef? If you say it's beef then it's beef....(chicken then chicken la),you're the one serving you should know" . And he couldn't tell if it was beef or whatever,so he went and asked,and came back saying "yes,it is beef". Well actually we all knew it was beef. It looked like beeeef!!
Remember I was saying we got some of our food? Well yeah,they forgot to give us 2 more dishes. And well,we didn't wait for it, got the bill....and the waiter wanted to give us complimentary dessert. And yeah,my dad got back at it again...in mandarin.. "Dessert? I don't want lor.. Just gimme the bill,don't wanna wait another half an hour for your dessert.Why not try giving me a discount?" ...And voila!!! The mango pudding came flying our way. And it was good! Hahahha. And then they brought the bill,and my dad was gonna pay ('cause I guess he didn't know or didn't care,I don't know whichever that we didn't get all the food) and I was all "WAIIIIIIIIIIT!!" Yeap,and we got the 2 dishes off the bill!
Haha, Horribleeeeeeeeeeeeee dinner. Very Very much over priced.And a total waste of time.
Time is precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment