I'm normally not affected by all this parting thingggs. After listening to all our graduation songs, (with all the sad sad lyrics that are so true)I don't know why, but it just kicked in..
Reality :
*we are gonna leave school. SCHOOL.(I hate the place,i've been trying to escape this horrid place ever since I knew I was doomed to go there every other school day.And yet,ironically, there are so many things to miss. )
*We'll never be wearing this ugly blue pinafore anymore...
*never wear white (greyish brown, whenever we're lazy) shoes again,
*never wear these white logo-less school socks,
*never fold socks again (cuz we'd probably be wearing ankle socks,or no socks at all),
*never have our names stuck on our pinafores for the world to know (and sometimes annoyingly call out just for the fun of it. for example, the canteen uncle somehow finds pleasure in reading my name in different tones)
*never stand outside the guard house because of being late.
*never stand outside the discipline room staring at the tap again.
*never glare/make remarks at the silly prefects again.
*never sit at the canteen chit-chatting
*never sleep in the library again.
*never sneak food up to classes.
*never blend in with the form 4/5 recess again. (i was form 3) and of course vice versa.
*never sit on the concrete wall of the small garden in front of our class.
*never skip PJK on purpose and end up picking rubbish..
*never borrowing the broom from the school worker to make picking up rubbish a breeze.
so many "never-evers"....
I super love the graduation song sang by S7,Sf1 and Sf2... Both, chinese and english songs are realllllllly just our lives sang out loud. :D
Lyrics:
And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
Where we're gonna be when we turn 25
[don't we do this all the time? Who's gonna be the first to get married... who's gonna be who when they graduate ... naming the kids *wink* ...who's going where after SPM...the endless chatter. ]
I keep thinking times will never change
Keep on thinking things will always be the same
[I never really imagined us all "grown up"... I keep absent mindedly feeling like we'd in this same form even when we're 50, never really imagined anyone of the guys in a suit and tie, or anyone in a court, or in a hospital... or wherever.]
But when we leave this year we won't be coming back
No more hanging out cause we're on a different track
[No more "let's go to MV for cake!!" , no more "let's go catch a movie after meeting..turned into karaoke session"... no more "i need to go MV for smtg after school..." , no more "are you sure you'd be alright alone?"... we'd all be scattered everywhere, and most of all, it wont' be "after school" anymore.]
And if you got something that you need to say
You better say it right now cause you don't have another day
Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down
These memories are playing like a film without sound
And I keep thinking of the night in June
I Didn't know much of love, but it came too soon
[Maybe it was,maybe it was just infatuation,maybe it was a different kinda love,wheter it was love or not, I guess we'll all never really know. But there were memories for everyone of us, wheter or not the relationship was fruitful, or in vain.... a moment to cherish.]
And There was me and you, and then it got real blue
Stay at home talkin' on the telephone and
We would get so excited, we'd get so scared
Laughing at our selves thinking life's not fair
And this is how it feels
Chorus:
As we go on, we remember
All the times we had together
And as our lives change, from whatever
We will still be, friends forever
[we will,wont' we?]
So if we get the big jobs and we make the big money
When we look back now, will that joke still be funny?
[Bryan,most succesful in life? Now,it's a joke, but will it still be? =D If any of you ever succeed in printing money or anything like that,please don't forget me.]
Will we still remember everything we learned in school?
[Kepercayaan kpd tuhan : keyakinan wujudnya tuhan POCKY sbg pencipta pocky dan mematuhi...w00t? Q=ml , F=ma....... mol= mv /1000 ....]
Still be trying to break every single rule
[the whole shit about low socks ,piercing ears,skipping classes....all for the thrill of it]
Will little brainy Bobby be the stockbroker man?
[scratch Bobby. -Replace with some other person- *forbidden to be mentioned here in case the person mention dies of an over bloated head and ego*]
Can Heather find a job that won't interfere with her tan?
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly
[it is,we're all flying ..different directions..will we ever meet and converse like how we do now?Or will everything be different ,will we be guarding our words, more protective of ourselves?]
And this is how it feels
Repeat chorus
La, la, la, la; yeah, yeah, yeah
La, la, la, la, we will still be friends forever
Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
Can we survive it out there? Can we make it somehow?
[Will we?Will I or will I not flunk University and end up a leech,a pauper... a total failure?(to avoid this scenario I should really be studying now) Will we survive the harsh reality or the outside world ? The cruel work force? The horrible boss?]
I guess I thought that this would never end
And suddenly it's like we're women and men
Will the past be a shadow that will follow us round?
Will these memories fade when I leave this town
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly
.I'll miss everything, in spite of it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment