Tuesday, August 05, 2008

What's new?

Okay,I know I didn't really update anyone since my holidays started. I haven't been on MSN since forever, haven't checked Facebook -- I've totally lost interest since the first 2 days I used it.... , haven't read anyone's blog, haven't gone online, pretty much became a hikki / antisocial -- how my siblings put it.
By the way, below is a definition of a hikkikomori.



Hikikomori (ひきこもり or 引き籠もり, Hikikomori?, lit. "pulling away, being confined", i.e. "acute social withdrawal") is a Japanese term to refer to the phenomenon of reclusive individuals who have chosen to withdraw from social life, often seeking extreme degrees of isolation and confinement due to various personal and social factors in their lives. The term hikikomori refers to both the sociological phenomenon in general as well as to individuals belonging to this societal group.


So anywayyyyyyyyyyy,prepare yourself for an uber long post. Lemme start from the beginning... naturally. Since that's where I left off -- the day of my English Exam (13th June).



So after the exam I went shopping alone... and got myself my first Guess item..... it was on sale -- super cheap, and yeah, it's worth telling you. XD

It's also the day where the H&M (departmental store kinda shop) folding-clothes-person totally insulted me by asking me to "fold the clothes the next time".. crazy shit. He works there, it's his job to fold clothes that people have tried. dumbass.



And that weekend (13th to 16th June) , I read Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows -- saw it at the library. nyehehe. Although exams were still on, I was as usual ,slacking.



That thursday (19th June), my parents and my brother's girlfriend arrived from Malaysia. (:

My parents' luggage "got lost". Interesting stuff.



The weekend following that (21st and 22nd June) was a trip to Wiarton and the Bruce Peninsula.Short 2 day weekend trip -- a rare for my family,but it was fun!



The following week (26th June to 2nd July)was amazing.We flew to Alberta,drove to the Rocky Mountains, visited two national parks --- Banff and Jasper , went to Lake Louise, Edmonton, Drumheller -- home of the Albertasaurus (yep, DINOSAURS!!) and Calgary. Okay, PRETTY CONFUSING, eh? Just look at the map down there. *wink*





My sister, the planner. Yay me.

The week we came home, boy I was glad to see the lights of Toronto from the airplane. I was sick of the constant BLUE AND GREEN (sky and grass) I've been seeing the whole week, and I missed the city, the busy-ness of it all.

That weekend (5th July), I joined my sister for a BBQ... and...................................... *drumroll* I played Frisbee!!!!! ohmygosh. I can't believe myself. Haha.

Tuesday,wednesday..(8th to 10th July), followed Dad on a business trip to Montreal. That's in the province of Quebec, where well, French French French. Xiao Von might love it. (: Montreal is bilingual,though.My brother, his girlfriend and I sat in the hotel playing Touhou on the laptop. It's a fighting game ... something like bleach. XD

The week after that, (18th to 19th July) we played scrabble and Monopoly......

The week after that (25th to 27th July), we played Mahjong for 3 days and 2 nights... XD

Last week,(2nd August) I went to the Zoo!!!!! Yay me! Lovin' those giraffes! (3rd August) we joined my sister's friend and her mother for a day trip to Niagara-on-the-lake. The highlight of the day was when we went to the friend's house (they just moved to this house and her gardener was at work chopping trees), there was this crazy neighbour. Ohmygosh. I wonder why they don't put up fences! It's so unsafe without a fence,what we over expressive neighbours who are just crazy.

see, this woman, she was packing away the friend's cut grass, probably trying to make compost-- whateverlar. The story's like this:

The friend's family wants to chop down the previous owner's plants,because they don't like the way the bushes were growing everywhere, randomly. They wanted just plain grass. There's nothing wrong with that, I mean, it's not like they're tiling up the place or cementing the plot of land, right? And even if they were,it's they're property, they can do what they want with it.

But this woman had her own crazy ideas. She started saying , or rather, screaming,that the friend's mom is a killer,and that the previous owner put her heart and soul into growing the plants... blahblahblah - like we care.

So the friend's mom tried to calm her down by telling her that she just wanted it plain grass, but this woman, whom I dunno got her education from where, started saying, i mean YELLING, that that would just make this place a desert. And we all know that deserts have sand and cacti only,and no grass.

She was so crazy,she started saying that we're environmental unfriendly. CRAZY. it's GRASS, it's not even cement or anything. We just want GRASS. And what was SHE doing to her garden,then? Don't even TRIM your plants and MOW the lawn. it's KILLING and ENVIRONMENTAL UNFRIENDLY. Crazy.

And that woman proceeded to inform everyone about how beautiful this tree and that tree is... of course none of us are interested.

And then she started saying that (cuz we're all asians) "just because you have the money and can come here you think that you can do whatever you like.." or something along those lines. I mean, what does this have got to do with being Asian? ANYONE can chop down bushes on THEY'RE property that they don't like.

Having enough of her insane yelling and threatening, they started to tell her they'd call the police.... and this woman didn't really give a damn.. so we just went into the house, leaving her to her grass.crazy shit, she was SO ATTATCHED to her NEIGHBOUR's plants. If she loved the plants so much she should have coaxed the woman not to sell her house, or even, bought the house herself, so NO ONE could make ammendments to anything.

Brr. this place sure is filled with crazy people on the loose. :(

Bleh.

So anyway, in between the travelling here and there, I watched Dream Again, again, played Sims 2, died 2 times of fright ; finished FF8 again, read a couple of books, finished this food game called Go-Go Gourmet.... and basically transformed into a hikkikomori (said earlier).

My pants (notice i'm putting the blame on an inanimate object) has also magically metamorphosised from baggy and hardly-on-my-hips into tight and body hugging. Oh boy.

Yup, so that's what's new with me.

No comments: