I've recently caught myself saying "hey", when I'm all alone in the shower, or just sitting in my room. While I read, surf the internet, eat... I would suddenly say "hey...". It's weird until I tell you (the reader):
Everytime I say "hey", you were the at the centre of my fleeting thought. Maybe, unconsciously, I'm saying "hey" to you; maybe, unconsciously, "hey" is just a reminder to myself that you are a thought I am not allowed.
*
So today, I finished The Lovely Bones and sat myself down to get some work done. I was only on the second page of the chapter when my book spoke to me (again). [It seems like at this moment in my life, all my text books speak to me. =/ First it was my Psychology textbook, now it's business.] It was about the "strategy model" and how we (even personally, the book points out) have to identify what we need to do, what we can do, and what we want to do.
Just a little more than a month ago I was thinking about the nursing programme and I said "maybe it's not about what I can do, but what I want to do in life". And this thought inevitably lead me to another -- but instead of saying "hey...", I said "ohmygod", took a huge gulp of honey water, and choked.
Thanks,you. For appearing in my thoughts everyday, making me talk to myself, and see myself in the pages of all my text books. And no, that statement is not entirely sarcastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment