Saturday, March 10, 2007

Lessons from a drama

"Yes,I'll take that into consideration,thank you. =) " . What an easy sentence to say to solve or shut people up.Or,just for the sake of not sparking an argument,which I'm so capable of.

I was telling the girls that we should really use that more often today. (we watched Goong at XV's house today). However,there was no time ,or rather my mind didn't really give myself time to repeat that magical phrase,and I got into and argument again.

Mum picked me up from XV's house and we went to Tropicana Club.I took a bath,and then we just walked around.Went to the pool.So long since I've visited that pool,kinda brought back alot of memories. Anyway,we found a place and sat down,waiting for dad to finish his game of golf. It just struck my mind that I had no bearings whatsoever for my education after SPM.Although I say that it's so far away,I'd just take Grade 12 and get on with things ,I don't really think that way.That's how my parents want me to think......

So I started telling my mum..
"maybe I should do filming! Or photography!! But it may be boring,yeah?"
And she clearly wasn't listening,or maybe she was but she wasn't ackwoledging me...but anyway we had a little discussion.Somehow everything she suggested...eg."don't worry,just go and try out some courses,and find out what you take interest in,and go study that!" I had something to say back.I mean,I didn't fully agree so I said what I had on my mind.

eg. Mum :"Maybe you can take something related to business since you're not good with the sciences.."
LY :"I don't even like business."

So basically it just went on and on....

Mum :"Since you spoke of photography,maybe you can take a course on that."
LY :"I don't even have the basic skills.I think that people who attend the course should have at least the most basic skills...."

And i kinda pissed her off I guess,without my realising,she started to frown...and then her tone changed...and you get the picture.I guess it got frustrating and annoying trying to convince me to do something. And as for me,I was feeling really down and upset because I'm not born artsy nor am I born scienc-y. I'm just...bad at both. I'm bad at science,arts,music,and..well...you know-la.

So anyway I don't know when I started crying...and like I said my mum isn't a good comforter..and she just continued with her stuff...getting angrier as she spoke about how I was so stubborn and wasn't open to suggestions anyway.....and as expected she had tissue but didn't offer it to me. As expected because it happened before..and she said it didn't strike her mind. It's a small matter but to me it's really big,because even when I'm upset at her,when she starts getting sad and teary I'd bring the tissue box over and try to comfort her. And she never does that to me. Instead I felt like she was adding her anger (anger at me for not appreciating all the nice things she does for me,but always treating her suggestions and advice as weightless thoughts) over my sadness and confusion. So anyway I cried for a long time and couldn't stop.And we were at a public place.Then we had to meet up with dad and dad is really picky about these stuff.And then we both got it from him. Haih.

Anyway I had to go into a restaurant with bloodshot eyes and a tomato red face. Then dad and mum started treating me better. (?) =D

Anyway,sorry for the long story and actually I'm not supposed to post these kinda stuff about my family.It leaves a certain impression people have for your family members. But then again,XV said I should publish everything,so here it is. I trust that the people who read this have enough commmon sense to weigh things before blurting them out. =D

So,the moral of the story is....wheter you like it or not, just say that you'll think about it.And voila,peace is restored!

*-------------------------------

The other story is,when I was watching Goong with the girls (forgive me for the awfully girlish name but hey, we all have long names.),I realised that Crown Prince Shin and I really share something in common. Our mean attitude towards people we don't like.And,I've been thinking.. maybe I'm just an arrogant self centered kid like him. =D

But,I really really really really despise the maid and she really invokes such fury in me that makes me treat her like how Shin treats the Crown Princess Chae Kyung. The only difference is he loves her in the end whereles I will not love the maid in the end. I'll just bear in mind,to treat her nicer,talk softer and just,close an eye on the dumb things she does. Ooops,I just blew it.LOL,takes time okay!

No comments: