Wednesday, February 06, 2008

of Snow and School

Snow storm again. And there was school.

But it wasn't bad! I got to know more people, and I get to take my mind off things! By the time I reach home it's already 4pm++ so there's absolutely no time to miss anything and wallow in self pity.

The snow is thick and the slush is worst. By the way, slush is like melted snow, just imagine slurpee. It's green because that's my favourite flavour!I stepped into a puddle of slush just now! I mean, it's greyish and dirty, so I thought it was the tarred road! Unfortunately when my fit touched the ground, the slush was up till my ankles. Eeeew.

On another note, the people here are so over protected! Lab-wise I mean. Li May, be glad you lighted your first match in high school! They don't use matches here , they use this "safer tool" that is the flint lighter!And they're Bunsen Burner, is sooooooo different. I feel like I came outta the Ice Age or something, and everyone here is doing Rocket Science. Haha, they don't even use a Bunsen Burner, they use this Mica Burner or something (don't know how to spell).

And homework is such a pain. Although I've learnt the stuff, they don't even ask stuff that's in the text word for word. It's like, you gotta think!

For example, they actually ask questions like "what should you do if your friend is on fire?" and "what should you do if you are on fire?". The studying material is basic, really...

The people in the class don't even know what a Glowing Splinter is. I told them, it's a stick on fire.

They had no idea how to use it! And this other guy, he asked the teacher about altitude and boiling point, so the teacher was explaining to him about higher altitude posseses lower pressure...and he kept relating it to......... *jiang jiang jiang jiang...* THE EQUATOR.

In the end,the teacher said "It has nothing to do with the equator!!!!!"

And I also realise how they like to ask questions that they already know the answer to. It isn't even reconfirming, it's just plain,showing off. Really, it's like they'll say : "Ms., this question..blah blah blah" and then the teacher will try to explain it to them, and they'll cut in and say the answer! And the teacher will go "Exactly! you're perfectly right!".

Piff. They act like they're praise-deprived.

But anyway,when you're in Rome, do as the Romans do. So, I'll live with it and snicker to myself silently. (:

Off to crack my head on the looks-so-easy-but-it's-so-hard for people who like to refer to textbook , ie. Me.

Toodles, and have fun with Chinese New Year!

No comments: