Friday, February 01, 2008

Shinakata.

That's "I didn't die" in well,Japanese again..


First day of school, SNOW STORM.

haha. There was a possibility that there would be no school today,but unfortunately there was.
Oh,right,this is a twin post with Joanne Yu's post. We start school on the same day!Although she started 16 hours before me,let's just ignore that and look at the dates!


The day started with a huge load of careless mistakes, let's just put it in point form.

(1) Stepping out of my safe abode,getting to the lift, pressing "down" but getting into the "up" lift,not realising until arriving at the 11th floor,rushing out,while someone rushes in, looking lost and finally letting out a huge exclamation of "oh! I got into the wrong lift!!" (btw person who rushed in goes to the same school,I noticed later).

(2) Goes to Finch Station,finds way to the bus station,ask help from someone who was going to College.He told me when the bus came.Sees person from lift get on the same bus.Forgot to take transfer (paper to get on the next bus without paying a fare) at the Station, asked driver if he could please please please give me one.

(3) At Don Mills, (where I'm supposed to switch buses), I got off ,and bummer,was on the wrong side of the road and didn't know it. Asked fellow bus takers and they assured me I was on the right track.Decided to ask Bus Driver,and that's when I realised I was on the wrong bus,gets off,runs to the opposite side of the road,takes bus.This time,asked the driver to tell me when to get off. (:

(4) Reached school safe and sound but super late!At least I got there,although I got lost.Got time table,realised I was taking too many sciency subjects! Because the teacher who gave me my time table exclaimed at the subjects I was taking,maybe people don't really take 2 sciences and 1 maths after all.Oh well.

(5) First class -- Biology. Didn't make any friends. Everyone knew everyone already. Will try to ..
(a) warm up to them.
(b) just be a quiet fella who forgot how to speak

(6) Second class. Got lost on the way,this teacher showed me the way in the end. Maths class is super big, well,still can't compare to our normal classes but in comparisson to the other classes where there are only less than 20 pupils,it's quite a big class. Got to know this girl from China -- Wendy.

(7) Had lunch with Wendy! Thank goodness I met her or I'd feel utterly lost. I mean, sometimes 2 lost people are better than just one. x) Went to get out lockers together. Together,we couldn't open the lock.... it's the kinda lock with dials... x)

(8) Separated. (we only share Maths class) Went to Chemistry class. Boy they're really...quite slow?*happy!* Hopefully it stays this way,then I'd have chances to brush up my chemistry from scratch. I mean, we're having a quiz this monday,guess what? Periodic Elements 1-40, just know the names and symbols. WOW. xD

(9) Principal comes in,school is cancelled. Remember I said there's a snow storm? Yeah,so those old enough to go home can go home and those who are underaged have to call they're parents. I called my sister --my guardian, and reached her voicemail. Yeah,so I was stuck at the Cafeteria, reading a story book,which wasn't too bad. XD I mean, I don't mind being alone when everyone else is alone too. It's just when everyone is not alone and I'm alone I feel so... alienated.xD

(10) Gets chased outta the Cafeteria (they asked me to call my guardian again) and this time someone picked up! Went out the way I came and realised that the street is a one way street! I can't go back the way I came........ anyway I'm not going to bore you with how I went home.

(11) Accidentally bumps into this girl who thought I was from China. Her name's Zhou Shuang. Wow my Mandarin is that bad. I couldn't understand her at all, couldn't make proper sentences !Anyway, we talked on the way back.Mostly her,and me just giving her nods and puzzled looks! XD

(12) Reached home safely.

Well, in the end , I only made 2 friends, and I won't even be seeing one of them in any of the classes. The other, well, only maths. which is one outta the four periods! Hopefuly we can have lunch together again ! XD

The classes aren't that bad, I think I'll probably have problems with the projects and team work thing, which , sadly holes 70% of the marks. The other 30% is written exam which are my specialty. XD I mean, in comparisson to projects.

As for maths, well, although we study maths and science in english, it's really different!The terminology and all. I mean,they don't say "gradient", they say "slope". I don't even know what a discriminant is! And vertex rule?What? Hahaha, I'm pretty sure I'll know it when I see the formula or something but we just don't call it the same thing,ne?

Haha! Overall, a good day,despite the snow storm and school getting cancelled for safety reasons! I survived! *grins*

No comments: