Suppose you were feeling extremely sleepy.
Suppose you were folding up the quilt,ready to snuggle in.
Suppose at this very moment, the phone rings.
You think "must be the telemarketers. damn them. grr."
Suppose you decide to pick up the phone and just get it over with.The sooner the better.
Suppose the person says "May I speak to Ms/Mrs.Lim?"
You just get so freaking annoyed because they all say that,and the whole big problem is that everyone who lives under this roof is a Lim.
Suppose you didn't think twice about being polite to a stranger.
Without thinking, I say...
"for what?"
What I really meant to say was, "what is this regarding?Who am I speaking to? May I know the full name of the person you wish to contact?"
The person on the other line sounded incredulous,shocked,even. Heck,I was shocked at my own rudeness.
He repeats after me.. "For what????!" , far more outrageous and peppered with sarcasm.
Again,my mind wasn't in control, it was half asleep,heck I was in the midst of hopping into bed when you had to call, I continue...
"yeah, like what's this regarding?"
I know I should have said "I'm sorry,but who's this?" -- but, I didn't.
the person mutters something,and then puts down the phone.
And after that, I couldn't get the nap I desired, I was too busy questioning myself :
Why the hell did I do that? Suppose that was my boss? Suppose that was the Cinema calling to offer me the job? Suppose they were looking for my sister and not me?
But then again, we could just suppose that I don't even know them,and the impression of me doesn't matter, and I already got a job,so you can be the cinema or wherever but I'm not supposed to be concerned. Or so I would like to think, just to make myself feel a teensy weensy better.
No comments:
Post a Comment