Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm glad I realised this now.

You know how, in language exams there's always this "incomplete essay" question where we 're supposed to construct an essay, ending it with the sentence that is given in the question? Well, that sentence is the title. :)

I think I've been living my past 20 years as an under-achiever. :) Based on my average past, I concluded that my present and future would no doubt be average. I made a sweeping conclusion that so many careers out there are not for an average person like me.

These days, I'm starting to believe in myself. I'm starting to think that if only I tried harder, stopped thinking that "average" is an immobile, unchangeable status, and that those career goals are always out of reach, I could be so much more.

These days, I think that if I stopped second guessing my abilities I can rise to be above average. :)

Thank you, Jo Yee. :)
I guess we all need someone to knock some sense into us.

No comments: