I think the nicest people in this building, apart from my floor mates, are:-
.the caretakers (janitors, if you would like)
.the cooks
.the dining hall staff -- some of them
Today, one of the cooks (his name is Ben) struck up a conversation with me, and he told me that he started working here right after high school, and he's been here for 4 years. He used to work the dish washer, and now he is cooking my stir-fry. And the hot peppers are too much for him *sniff*. Btw, it wasn't spicy enough for me. :(
Another day, another of the cooks (her name is Amy), asked me, in mandarin, if I wanted garlic in my pasta. She expressed surprised at how fair I am when I told her I'm Malaysian.
Nice, short conversations that make you think: the world can be nice. More often than not, I'm just looking at the wrong places and talking to the wrong people. ;)
1 comment:
because everyone outside of SEA still think Malaysians are all Malay.
Post a Comment