Monday, April 12, 2010

the rat race

By the time I figure out my purpose in life, I would've lost the rat race. I am sure of it. :(

But tell me again, when did I enter myself in this competition?

All of us are presented with a false choice: there is no choice.
No matter how we feel about this rat race, we're in it the moment we were born. Either we compete competitively and run through this race, or we walk through it slow and steady.

So, what happens when I want to do it both ways: slow and steady & win the race?

... and, how long can I continue just "doing my best" in things and "see where that brings me" ?

1 comment:

a wanderer said...

wow... what a thought... i sort of feel the same...

the other day i had this random conversation with my mother where i told her that i didn't think i was ready to be born when i was ... she tells me i was a month premature... it's a random idea that came to me when i realized that's probably why i struggle with the rat race.
nice post!